Healthcare Operations Management, Empirical Service Operations Management, Behavioral Operations Management
Publications (as of March 2022) ** = industry or clinical collaborator
Kamalahmadi, M., Bretthauer, K., Helm, J., Mills, A., Coe**, E., Judy-Malcolm**, A., Kara**, A., & Pan**, J. Mixing it up: Operational impact of hospitalist caseload and case-mix, Management Science, 69 (1), 283-307.
Winner of the 2018 POMS College of Health Care Operations Management Best Paper Competition
Kamalahmadi, M., Yu, Q., & Zhou., Y. (2021). Call to duty: Just-in-time scheduling in a restaurant chain. Management Science, 67 (11), 6751-6781.
3rd Place in the 2019 INFORMS Service Science Best Paper Award
3. Impact of telehealth on appointment adherence in ambulatory care
Co-authors: Christos Zacharias, Howard Gitlow, Stephen Demers**, Cristina Rubio-Delgado**, Katelyn Walker**
4. Racial and gender biases in customer satisfaction surveys: Evidence from a restaurant chain
Co-authors: Qiuping Yu, Yong-pin Zhou
5. Improving rural access to care
Co-authors: Kurt Bretthauer, Jonathan Helm, Rodney Parker
6. Equity and efficiency in hospital physicians' work structure
Co-authors: Alex Mills, Kurt Bretthauer, Areeba Kara**, Edwin Coe**
7. Kamalahmadi, M., Shekarian, M., & Parast, M. (2021). The impact of flexibility and redundancy on improving supply chain resilience to disruptions. International Journal of Production Research, 1-29.
8. Parast, M. M., Sabahi, S., & Kamalahmadi, M. (2019). The Relationship Between Firm Resilience to Supply Chain Disruptions and Firm Innovation. In Revisiting Supply Chain Risk (pp. 279-298). Springer, Cham.
9. Kamalahmadi, M., & Parast, M. M. (2017). An assessment of supply chain disruption mitigation strategies. International Journal of Production Economics, 184, 210-230.
10. Kamalahmadi, M., & Parast, M. (2016). Developing a resilient supply chain through supplier flexibility and reliability assessment. International Journal of Production Research, 54(1), 302-321.
11. Kamalahmadi, M., & Parast, M. M. (2016). A review of the literature on the principles of enterprise and supply chain resilience: Major findings and directions for future research. International Journal of Production Economics, 171, 116-133.